Superior Wealth Enhanced (5 Years) Whole Life Plan
You need a well-rounded financial management plan to fulfill your life stage goals of retirement, child education and other financial targets.
Superior Wealth Enhanced (5 Years) Whole Life Plan (the "Plan") is specially designed to you – the Plan not only provides you with life protection, you can also make use of it to achieve your financial plans. In addition, the Plan also includes the Accidental Death Benefit, providing you with total peace of mind.
Accumulate Wealth through Cash Coupons
You will receive cash coupons on the 5th and 10th Policy Anniversary respectively where the amount is equivalent to 50% of the Basic Amount, meaning that the total amount of cash coupons payable under the Plan is equal to 100% of the Basic Amount. You may withdraw the money immediately or keep it in the Policy account to accumulate interest.
You can withdraw the cash coupons at any time where withdrawal charge will not be applied, however the account value and death benefit may be affected in case of withdrawal. In addition, the accumulated interest rate of cash coupons and returns are not guaranteed, and the actual benefits and/or returns may be lower or higher than the estimates.
In addition, "Basic Amount" means the amount shown on the Policy Information Page or endorsement as the “Basic Amount”. The “Basic Amount” is used to calculate Premium, guaranteed Cash Value, Accidental Death Benefit, cash coupons and dividends, but it is not applicable to the calculation of the death benefit. If the Basic Amount has been amended while this Policy is in force, the said Premium, guaranteed Cash Value, Accidental Death Benefit, cash coupons and dividends will be adjusted accordingly.
Reap Rewards with Flexible Dividends
You will receive non-guaranteed Policy dividends on each Policy Anniversary throughout the Policy term. You may leave the dividends in the Policy account to accumulate interest; or withdraw, or use it to offset against future Premiums.
Wealth Accumulation with Maturity Amount
When the Policy matures at age 100 of the Insured, you will receive a maturity amount equivalent to the Basic Amount, accumulated cash coupons with interest (if any) and accumulated dividends with interest (if any), less all Indebtedness (if any).
The application is simple as underwriting procedures are not required.
Life Protection for Peace of Mind
If the Insured passes away during the Policy term, the death benefit payable to Beneficiary will be equal to 101% of the accumulated Premium due and received less the accumulated cash coupons paid or the guaranteed Cash Value at the date of death of the Insured, whichever is higher. Any accumulated cash coupons with interest (if any) and accumulated dividends with interest (if any) will also be paid in full, less all Indebtedness (if any)
Accidental Death Benefit
Prior to the Insured reaching age 66 and within 10 Policy Years from the Policy Effective Date , if the Insured suffers from Accidental injury caused by an Accident before the Insured reaches age 66 and dies from the Accidental injury within 180 days from the date of occurrence (both dates inclusive), the Plan will provide 100% of the Basic Amount or HKD500,000/USD62,500, whichever is lower, in addition to the death benefit. Accidental Death Benefit payable under all Superior Wealth Whole Life Plan policies for each Insured is subject to an aggregate claim limit of HKD1,000,000/USD125,000.
International Emergency Assistance Service
If the Insured is diagnosed with an illness or is injured in an accident outside Hong Kong, he or she will enjoy comprehensive coverage under the free 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service.
Superior Wealth Enhanced (5 Years) Whole Life Plan
|Issue Age||From 15 days after birth to 70 years old|
|Policy Currency||HKD or USD|
|Premium Payment Term||5 years|
|Benefit Term||To age 100 of the Insured|
|Premium Payment Method||Annual, Semi-annual, Quarterly, Monthly or Annual & Prepayment of Premium|
|Minimum Basic Amount||HKD80,000 or USD10,000|
|Maximum Basic Amount||HKD40,000,000 or USD5,000,000|
Policy fee of HKD200/USD25 (depends on Policy currency) will be charged during the Premium payment term. The fee will be charged together with the Premium.
If you opt for the Annual & Prepay Premium option, you can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium (including interest, if any) at one time and China Life (Overseas) will charge 2% of the withdrawal amount as a withdrawal fee. The minimum fee will be HKD100 or USD12.5. You can withdraw the unused prepaid Premium once only.
The information provided herein is for reference only. Please refer to the insurance contract for the details of the provisions, benefit terms and exclusions of the Plan.
Please refer to the Policy documents for the complete definitions of the capitalized terms, as well as all the terms and conditions of this product. You are reminded to review all of the relevant product materials provided to you and to seek independent professional advice if necessary.
- The Policy is underwritten by China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited (“China Life (Overseas)” or "us/we/our"). China Life (Overseas) is responsible for the features, underwriting and benefit payments under the Policy. You should fully understand all of the risks involved in this product and consider whether this product is affordable and suitable to you before making your application.
- China Life (Overseas)shall make the final decisions on the underwriting and claims. We shall rely on your submitted information to assess whether to accept or decline your application, and shall refund any Premium paid without interest for declined cases.
- Exclusions: The Accidental Death Benefit under this Policy shall not cover any claims if the Insured is involved in any of the following activities or the consequences directly or indirectly caused by any of the following events occur in respect of the Insured: (a) war, act of hostility (whether war declared or not), civil war, revolution or any military actions; (b) rebellion, civil commotion, strike or activities of terrorism; (c) contamination resulting from nuclear weapons, ionizing radiation, nuclear fuel or waste produced from the combustion of nuclear fuel (the said nuclear combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission); (d) during war, act of hostility (whether war declared or not), any military actions or repression of rebellion, the Insured is engaging in or taking part in military services; (e) directly or indirectly caused by the Insured engaging in aviation, except as a passenger on an aircraft of a commercial airline on a scheduled route; (f) self-inflicted injuries or suicide (whether sane or not) by or attempted by the Insured (whether felony or not); (g) childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or abortion, even if it is accelerated or induced by an Accident ; (h) surgery operated on the Insured and induced by disease, infected disease or incident that is not caused by an Accident ; (i) taking of poison or inhaling poisonous gas or poisonous mist (whether voluntary or not); except Accidental inhaling by the Insured in a fire ; (j) the Insured as a professional athlete participating in sports or earning income or remuneration through the sports ; (k) participating in hunting, mountaineering, motor racing, horse racing, ice-skiing, skiing, scuba-diving, parachuting, hang-gliding, boxing or any other competitions or performances; (l) while the Insured is on duty as a professional driver and is entering, driving, operating, servicing, riding in or departing from any land vehicle or conveyance outside the territorial limits of Hong Kong and Macau; (m) the Insured is assaulted or murdered during rebellion, civil commotion, strikes or when making an arrest while the Insured is employed as a full-time or part-time police officer or cadet officer, or is an officer or a member of the Correctional Services Department; or (n) the Insured is assaulted or murdered during rebellion, civil commotion or strikes while the Insured is employed as a fireman, or is on duty as a fireman and is engaging in firefighting or activities for protecting people and property in a fire.
- Exclusions and Limitations - The information stated in this product brochure is for reference only. Please refer to the General Provisions for the exact terms and conditions and limitations such as incontestability, suicide and fraud etc. or all exclusions.
- Non-Payment of Premium / Automatic Premium Loan - You should pay Premium(s) on time according to the selected Premium payment schedule. If the due Premium remains unpaid upon the expiry of the Grace Period, an Automatic Premium Loan will be taken out against the Policy to settle the unpaid Premium automatically. All Policy Loans are interest-bearing and calculated at a rate (as stated on our corporate website www.chinalife.com.hk) to be declared by us from time to time. Interest accrued shall become a part of the Indebtedness. When the Loan balance exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the basic plan of the Policy, the Policy will be lapsed and you will lose the related insurance coverage and suffer a financial loss. Under these circumstances, the Surrender Value of the Policy will be deducted to repay the outstanding Loan balance (including interest), and the remaining value will be refunded to you.
- Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy - This is a participating and/or providing interest on accumulation insurance plan. Premiums received from the policies will be invested to a variety of assets according to China Life (Overseas)’s investment strategy. The surplus from the invested assets will be shared with Policyholder through declared dividends and/or interest rate on accumulation in accordance with the relevant clause in the benefit provision. China Life (Overseas) will ensure a fair sharing of profits among different groups of policyholders and also between policyholders and China Life (Overseas). China Life (Overseas) will review and determine the dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation at least once a year, the current projection on dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation are not guaranteed and subject to change with the entire performance of the relevant policies and the factor including but not limited to the investment returns, operating expense, claims experience, commission, persistency, past experience and future prospect. In addition, China Life (Overseas) will consider both past and future outlooks of all factors including but not limited to:
Claims – including the costs of providing death benefit as well as other benefits under the product(s).
Investment return – including the interest income, dividend income, outlook of interest rates and any changes in the market value of the product’s backing asset.
Expenses – including both direct expenses (e.g. commissions, underwriting, issue and premium collection expenses) and indirect expenses (e.g. general overhead expenses) related to the product.
Persistency – including policy lapse and partial surrender experience.
Note: The dividend or interest rate history is not an indicator of the future performance of this product.
- Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy - China Life (Overseas) aims to strive for minimizing volatility of the investment return and provides stable return as our investment philosophy. Assets are mainly invested in bonds and other fixed income instruments, such as government and corporate bonds and other fixed income instruments to support the guaranteed financial obligation. To enhance the performance of the investment portfolio, China Life (Overseas) invests in equity-type investments and other investment instruments such as mutual funds and direct / indirect investment in properties or commercial institutions.
The investment portfolio will be diversified across different geographic regions and /or industries. Investment strategy will be subject to change depending on the market conditions and the economic outlook. China Life (Overseas) will inform Policyholder the relevant changes in dividend and/or interest rate on accumulation and the impact to the policies when there is change in the investment strategy.
China Life (Overseas)’s current investment strategy on participating and/or providing interest on accumulation plans are as follow:
Please refer to China Life (Overseas) Company’s website www.chinalife.com.hk/products/dividendandinvestment for dividend history, Dividend and/or Crediting Interest Philosophy, Investment Philosophy, Policy and Strategy, as well as the fulfillment ratio of China Life (Overseas).
Asset Type Target Asset Mix (%) Bonds and other fixed income instruments 50% to 90% Equity-type investment and other investments 10% to 50%
- Cooling-off Right - You have the right to cancel the Policy within the Cooling-off Period and obtain a refund of any Premiums paid by giving written notice to us provided that you have not made any claims under the Policy. Such notice must be signed by you and submitted to China Life (Overseas) at 22/F, CLI Building, 313 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong within 21 days after the delivery of the Policy or issue of a Notice to you or your representative informing you that the Policy is available, whichever is earlier.
- 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service is provided by Inter Partner Assistance Hong Kong Limited. The provision of services is subject to the terms and conditions of the Inter Partner Assistance Hong Kong Limited. China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions thereof from time to time without prior notice.
|What are the key product risks?|
|Credit risk||This product is a life insurance Policy issued by China Life (Overseas). Any Premium paid will become part of our assets and our financial strength will affect our ability to meet our contractual obligations to you under the Policy. Therefore this product is subject to our credit risk.|
|Early surrender risk||The savings component of the Plan is subject to risks and possible losses. Should you surrender the Policy early, you may receive an amount considerably less than the total amount of Premiums paid.|
|Exchange rate and Currency risks||Any Policy with foreign currencies involves risks, such as potential changes in political or economic conditions that may substantially affect the price or liquidity of a currency. The fluctuations in exchange rates may also cause financial losses to you during currency conversions. You should consider the potential currency and exchange rate risks before deciding which Policy currency you should take.|
|Inflation risk||The cost of living in the future may be higher than expected due to the effects of inflation. Therefore, your current planned benefits and/or returns may be insufficient to meet your future needs even if we fulfill all of our contractual terms and obligations.|
|Liquidity and Withdrawal risk||You are obliged to hold the Policy and pay the Premium for the designated period of time. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Policy Maturity Date, you will suffer a financial loss. In case you make partial withdrawals from the Policy, your account value, death benefit and other Policy values will be reduced, and you may need to pay the relevant handling fee or charges (if any).|
|Non-guaranteed Benefit||This Plan consists of non-guaranteed benefits and/or returns. The actual amounts of benefits and/or returns in the future may be different from the benefits and/or returns which project on the product materials. The product materials are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Policy Termination||The Policy will be terminated if (a) the Insured passes away, (b) you do not pay the Premium within 31 days of the due date and the Policy has no Cash Value, or (c) the outstanding loan amount is equal to or exceeds the guaranteed Cash Value of the Policy.|
The information and descriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. For complete details please refer to the actual policy or the relevant product or services agreement.